Updated September 29th 2020
During the COVID-19 pandemic, all animal hospitals have been busier than ever. This is especially true at the Gladwyne Animal Hospital. Our COVID-19 protocols, however, have required us to increase the allotted time for each appointment. As a result, there are fewer appointment slots during our usual hours. Our team has been working hard to care for you and your pets as efficiently as possible. In an effort to avoid limited access to appointments for our clients who we care deeply about, we stopped taking new clients several weeks ago.
Despite these efforts, and despite the addition of appointment hours and house calls, our schedule is still full and booked for several weeks at a time. In order to continue seeing as many patients as possible while giving you the care and attention that you deserve, all while still following COVID-19 protocols, we ask that you review the following policies, some of which are new:
● Lateness Policy: We encourage you to call if you are running late so that we can discuss options with you based on the schedule. If you are greater than 10 minutes late and we have not heard from you, it is possible depending on our availability that you will need to reschedule your appointment or pay an emergency fee to be seen.
● No Show Policy: We have a waiting list of clients who wish to have their pets seen every day for appointments and surgery. Every time a client no-shows, another pet could have been seen in their appointment slot. This is very stressful for our staff who are juggling the needs of patients with a very tight schedule. Cancellations with at least 1-hour notice will not be subject to any fees; with notice, we will happily fill your slot with a pet who needs to be seen. However, if you do not call to cancel with at least an hour notice, you will be required to pay a non-refundable deposit for all future appointments.
● Walk-in/Emergency Services: Our office operates by appointment only. If you have an emergency we ask that you call us for advice. We may be able to accommodate your emergency or we may advise you to go to one of our emergency services partners.
● Sick Visits: We reserve many slots for same-day sick appointments and still have a waiting list each day. If your pet needs to be seen, our staff will work hard to coordinate care for you. In some cases, we may be able to use telemedicine if you prefer or if an in-person appointment is not available to determine a treatment plan. Because of an increase in same-day sick appointments, we may book your well visit or other non-urgent appointments as much as several weeks in the future. We thank you for your understanding in this situation and encourage you to plan ahead.
● Housecalls: Housecalls are available. We trust that you will not schedule a housecall if you or any member of your family is sick. If you prefer, we are happy to use an outdoor space at your home. Facemasks are required for all members of the family who are present during the housecall.
Our office is continuing to perform curbside service only until further notice. Face masks are required when dropping off or picking up your pet or for any other interactions with our staff.